2016 Soccer Season
The season will start August 13th and will run through October 2nd, with the All Star game on October 8th. We will be using the same league and division structure for our 2016 season as we did last year. Weekday game times start @ 6:15 PM, with Saturday games starting at either 9:30 AM or 10:30 AM. Our age groups will be as follows:
· Instructional - ages 4-5 - plays Tuesdays, Thursdays and occasional Saturdays
· Squirt - ages 5-6 - plays Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and occasional Saturdays
· Rookie - ages 7-8 - plays Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
· Midget - ages 9-10 - plays Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
· Minor - ages 11-12 - plays Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
· Major - ages 13-16 - plays Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Most teams play an average of 2 games per week, however there are instances when a team may play as many as 3 games in a week, or as few as one.
SOCCER - July Update
This weekend, we will be finalizing rosters, and that information will then be uploaded to TeamSnap. We will also be finalizing our schedule for the season as well, and that too will be uploaded to TeamSnap. I am in the process of balancing games per week, and weekend games, so that it is fair to all teams. Our goal as of now, is for coaches to start contacting their families by next weekend. Once this is done, coaches can then start to schedule practices.
Now that rosters are being finalized, and our uniform order is placed, we will not be making any team changes. There was a lot of coach/player requests, and we did our best to honor all requests, with the focus of still keep the teams balanced. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
As it stands now, the majority of our Instructional (4-5) – Midget (9-10) teams will all be playing games on Saturday, August 13th. The earliest games are at 9:00 AM, and the latest will be at 1:30 PM. In an effort to make this as fun for the entire family, we are excited to announce a few special things. First, a local Boy Scout troop will be serving hotdogs, chips and a pop, for a small price to help raise money for their group. Second, we hope to have a few inflatables for the kids to play as well (weather dependent of course). Once the details are finalized, we will send an email out to all.
There will NOT be any games on August 13th for the Minor and Major divisions, as there will be an Air show at the Nike fields, which prohibits us from conducting any games. As such, games for both divisions will begin after the weekend.
Picture Day will be Saturday August 27th at the Lake View Fire Hall. As we get closer, times for all teams will be mailed out.
Just a reminder, your players will need soccer cleats, shin guards, and a ball. Dick’s has packages that include all 3, starting at $25-30. The sizes of soccer ball your players will need are as follows:
Size 3 Instructional and Squirt
Size 4 Rookie, Midget, and Minor
Size 5 Major
We look forward to seeing everyone on the fields soon!
In addition, we would like to announce the launch of the Lake View Athletics Soccer Facebook page, as well as our new Twitter and Instagram accounts. Keep up to date on the latest soccer news, cancellations, and upcoming events on social media.
You can like us on Facebook, as well as follow @LVASoccer on Twitter, or on Instagram at instagram.com/lvasoccer.
Should you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have also posted email addresses for each of our Division Directors on our website, www.lakeviewathletics.org, should you have questions specific to your child’s division.
Lake View Soccer
2017 Travel Baseball/Softball Tryouts - to view the 2017 age matrix to determine your child's placement, please click HERE. Tryout dates will be as follows:
- 8U - Coach - Bill Brodie -- Final roster posted on travel page.
- 9U - Coach - Pat Fisher -- Final roster posted on travel page.
- 10U - Coach - Mike LaRosa -- Final roster posted on travel page.
- 11U - Coach - Rich Prizel -- Final roster posted on travel page.
- 12U - Coach - Jim Puleo -- Final roster posted on travel page.
- 12U - Coach- Jeff Tucker - 8/23 @ 6:30PM - Diamond 5
- 13U - Coach - Mark Stahlka - 8/21 @ 11:00AM - Diamond 1; 8/23 @ 6:00PM - Rotary 1 (Nike Base)
- 14U - Coach - Dave Dlugosz - 8/14 @ 1:30PM - Diamond 1; 8/21 @ 1:30PM - Diamond 1; 8/28 @ 1:30PM - Diamond 1
- 15U - Coach - Shawn Berg -- Final roster posted on travel page.
- 10U Softball - Coach - Jennifer McGuane -- Final roster posted on travel page.
Note: We will field multiple teams at each age group where player interest and coach availability warrant the addition of a second team. If you are interested in coaching, please email us at email@example.com.
To view the day's schedule of a particular division, please select the division in the drop down menu in the heading above.
Lake View in Action
Send pictures you want to share to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lake View Athletics is now Smoke and Tobacco Free!! The following policy is now in effect:
The possession, consumption, use or sale of tobacco, tobacco products or e-cigarettes is strictly prohibited at all Lake View Athletics facilities and events, parking lots, bleachers and all related grounds.